Learn How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Zambia. Never mask the mistakes I did when starting to blog and start making money in Zambia. It took me almost 2 years to start making money from my blog. But luckily for you, you will be able to make money from your blog within a month. I have created a playlist on YouTube having 50+ videos teaching you everything you need to know. Click here to learn.
How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Zambia
If you’re new to the internet and want to know what all the fuss is about with the blogging craze, or if you already have a website and want to know why everyone keeps advising you to start your own blog, keep reading. I’ll explain what a blog is, why you need one, how to create one, promote it, and, of course, how to profit from it.
A blog is a type of online diary or journal that is short for “web log.” Blogging became popular in the late 1990s and has grown in popularity over the last few years. From CEOs of large corporations to webmasters, from world travelers to teenagers, almost everyone seems to have a blog these days. My father now has his own blog! A blog allows you to communicate with people informally through an online journal, but it’s more personal and unstructured than a website, and it’s also easier and less expensive to set up.
If you already have a website but haven’t started a blog, you can do so quickly and easily with a free service like Blogger or WordPress. At least once or twice a week, try to post on your blog about topics related to your website. Blogging will improve your search engine rankings and will open up communication channels between you and your visitors or customers, encouraging them to interact with you and giving them a reason to visit your site again in the future.
If you don’t have your own website and want to start a blog quickly and easily, I recommend signing up for a free Blogger account. You can blog about anything you want, including a hobby, a vacation, your hometown, politics, sports, or your company. Just make sure it’s something you’re passionate about and know a lot about. You can host your blog on Blogspot for free; all you have to do is choose a name that is relevant to your blog’s topic. Blogging is as simple as sending an email to a friend once you’ve set up your profile and chosen a template.
There are numerous ways to monetize your blog, but here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Google Adsense – this is a free program that is simple to set up. The ads will be tailored to your blog’s content, and you will be compensated each time a visitor clicks on one.
- Affiliate Programs – Join affiliate programs related to your blog’s topic and use your blog to promote related products. Start with Clickbank, Trade Doubler, and Commission Junction, or do a Google search for “affiliate program” + your blog’s topic to find more affiliate programs. You will be paid a commission if someone purchases a product after clicking on your affiliate link. You could also write product reviews to help increase your affiliate sales if you are knowledgeable about your topic.
- Sell Ad Space – If you have a popular blog, you can charge advertisers to advertise on it. A text link, a banner, or a graphic could all be used to accomplish this.
You won’t be able to profit from your blog unless people can find it. It’s time to start promoting your blog once you’ve started posting to it. You can get people to notice your blog by…
- Submitting your blog to blog directories – just Google “blog directories” and see what comes up.
- Requesting link exchanges from other bloggers – you place a link on your blog in exchange for a link on theirs.
- Writing an article about your blog’s topic and submitting it to article directories. Remember to include a link to your blog in the author’s resource box.
- Pinging blog ping services every time you publish a new post – two sites to try are pingomatic.com and pingoat.com.
- Participating in forums related to your blog’s topic. In your forum signature, include a link to your blog.
Finally, once your blog has been monetized and promoted, don’t forget to post on a regular basis. The most important aspect of any successful blog is frequent posting, so don’t let your blog collect virtual dust!