How to start an event planning business in any country in Africa. Who is an event planner? an event planner is someone who plans all aspects of professional meetings and special events is an event planner (also known as a meeting and/or convention planner).
Types of special events you can do in Africa:
- Celebrations (fairs, parades, weddings, reunions, birthdays, anniversaries)
- Education (conferences, meetings, seminars)
- Promotions (product launches, political rallies, fashion shows)
- Commemorations (memorials, civic events)
How to start an event planning business in Africa in any country.
- You must be a Self-starter and team player
- You must also be Calm and personable under pressure
- You a deadline-oriented person
You will also have to develop the following skills to become an event planner:
- Verbal and written communications
- Project management and multitasking
- Time management
- Staff management
- Marketing and public relations
Start Networking with people in your location
You will need a rich base of reliable suppliers to make your event coordination company a success. These will include, amongst many others:
- Décor specialists
- Dress designers
- Graphic designers
- Professional speakers (in a variety of topics)
The Business Plan
Don't forget to put together a business plan for your event planning business. a business plan will give you clear direction and assists others to see what you and your new company are all about.